You’ve just received your Babbel access code from your company, but what happens now?
No stress, we’ve put together a guide with all you need to know to kickstart your language learning journey. It’s quick and simple!
Registration & Logging-in:
- Once your employer has added a list of participants to their admin portal, you will receive an invitation email with a link to activate your own Babbel account.
- Click ‘Accept Invitation’ and follow the registration process.
- Choose your desired learning language.
- Enter your name and email address. (Remember: Please use your company email address (i.e. the email address to which the invitation was sent!)).
- You will then automatically be directed to your Babbel homepage.
- As it’s your first time logging-in, you will be required to confirm your email address. Go to your email account, open the email from Babbel in your inbox, and click on the orange button ‘Confirm Email Address’.
- You are now free to start your language learning!
Navigating the product on web:
Your current learning language is indicated by the flag in the top right corner of your Babbel homepage. To either change or add a new learning language, click on the flag, and a drop-down menu will appear with the 14 different languages on offer. You can switch languages at any time.
- The homepage contains your dashboard.
- After starting a course, your next lesson will always appear here. So just click on the orange ‘Start’ button to continue your learning. (The first time you arrive on the homepage after registering, your dashboard will automatically display ‘Newcomer Course 1, Lesson 1’ for your chosen learning language).
- You can easily keep track of your progress and weekly activity on the right hand side of the homepage.
- Here you can pick your level, or even take the option of a placement test to find your starting level.
- My Level contains all the progressive courses, so it's a great place to start, especially if you're a complete beginner!
- Here you can find, you guessed it, more courses!
- Choose from a whole host of extra content on topics such as Countries & Traditions, Business, Grammar, Reading & Listening, Specials, etc.
- In Review, you can consolidate what you’ve already learned within the courses and commit vocabulary to your long-term memory.
- You can choose your preferred method of reviewing, whether, Flashcards, Listening, Speaking or Writing.
- For those booked with an ‘Intensive’ package, learning can be combined with in-person tutorials (a.k.a. blended learning), which take place over video conference with native speakers.
- You can choose your instructor for each tutorial by choosing a free appointment in the calendar.
- For further support, you can find a range of different FAQs here.
Navigating the product on mobile:
Navigation of the product on mobile is very similar to on the web, just with a few differences in format. Here’s a brief overview for reference:
Home - Like on the web version, the homepage contains your dashboard, displaying your next lesson.
Courses - Here you can find all the available courses.
Review - Like on the web, here you can consolidate what you’ve already learned in the courses and commit vocabulary to your long-term memory.
Profile - In Profile, you can change your learning language (under My Languages), alter your Settings, and find Help if you need it.
Tim Foulds, Trainee (Quality and Release Management/ B2B)
With an educational background in modern languages and cultures, Tim is a keen linguist and traveler. He works at Babbel as a trainee in the QRM & B2B team, helping to ensure that learners access quality learning.